March 7, 2023
We are committed to maintaining the security, confidentiality and privacy of your personal information. This document describes our general privacy policies.
When collecting personal information, we will state the purpose of collection and will provide, on request, additional information about the collection.
We may collect various information from you, including your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, photograph, credit card details, preferred means of communication, your interaction with our website, social media sites and mobile applications (including information such as IP addresses, browser type, language, access times, referring website, etc.) and other information you provide to us.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to allow us to communicate with you (including through the use of commercial electronic messages),
- to customize the advertising and content that is presented to you on our website,
- to contact you regarding any orders you place through our website, and to help process, deliver and take payment for those orders,
- to verify your personal information
- to operate, customize and improve our website, social media sites, mobile applications, advertisements, products and services;
- to allow you to use portions of our website such as our forums;
- to allow you to participate in our contests, and to administer those contests;
- to monitor your compliance with any of your agreements with us;
- to administer our provision of, and your payment for, products or services you request from us;
- to provide newsletters, electronic messages and information you request from us;
- to provide other information to you regarding our products and services or third party products and services, unless you opt out of receiving that information;
- to manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition, disposition or merger;
- to protect us, yourself and others from fraud and error and to safeguard our business interests;
- to collect debts owed to us;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- for other purposes we may inform you about from time-to-time.
When your personal information is to be used for a purpose not previously identified, the new purpose will be disclosed to you prior to such use, and your consent will be sought unless the use is authorized or required by law.
We may work with other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting services, payment processing services and product delivery services. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service in question, and they will be required to maintain the confidentiality of that information.
Basis for Processing
The legal bases we rely on to process your personal information depends on the services you use and how you interact with them. They primarily include:
- Contractual Necessity: we process personal information to perform the services you requested under our Terms of Service or other similar contractual agreements with you. For example, we process personal information to set up and maintain your account; process your purchases; authenticate users; provide user-experience features (like saving your preferences); monitor and analyze the services; detect and prevent fraud, or other similar misuse; and contact you about your account, transactions, or other updates. We also rely on performance of a contract to manage our relationship with you, which includes responding to your support requests or general inquiries, and notifying you about changes to our applicable terms or policies.
- Legitimate Interests: we process personal information as needed for Epic’s business purposes, as balanced against the potential impact on your privacy rights. This includes many common purposes that you’d reasonably expect, such as to: communicate with you, respond to your requests, or provide you with updates and information; better understand our users and their preferences; personalize your experience, save your preferences, authenticate our users, and provide similar user experience features; develop, deliver, and improve the services and other offerings (some of which may be offered in partnership with other parties); manage and customize advertisements or promotional offers; secure and protect the services; prevent fraud and illegal activity; and support internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis.
- Legal Obligations: we process personal information when necessary to comply with legal obligations, such as responding to legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities or other government officials in accordance with relevant legal processes.
- Consent: we process personal information when you provide us with your consent to do so. You aren’t required to provide consent if you do not want your personal information to be processed for the requested purposes, and you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Transfers of Information
Epic Games is a company with operations around the world. By using the Epic services, you acknowledge and agree that your information may be processed outside your country of residence, including in other jurisdictions (like the United States) that may have different data protection frameworks than your region. To learn more about the Epic entity responsible for operating the Epic services in your region, see “How to Contact Us” below.
We may share your personal information with:
- Business partners;
- Other Epic entities (like other members of the Epic group of companies that may help support certain Epic Services);
- Other users (for example, if you use chat or social features on the Epic services);
- Service providers;
- Operating systems and platforms; and
- Government entities or other third parties in response to a legal request.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties, and we will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where we are authorized or required by law to do so without consent. For example, we may collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent where:
- the information is publicly available, as defined by statute or regulation;
- we are obtaining legal advice; or
- we reasonably expect that obtaining consent would compromise an investigation or proceeding.
Other exceptions may apply.
Your consent can be express, implied or given through an authorized representative such as a lawyer, agent or broker.
Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction (such as when you fail to notify us that you do not wish your personal information collected/used/disclosed for various purposes after you have received notice of those purposes) or otherwise.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal, contractual and other restrictions, provided that you give reasonable notice of withdrawal of consent to us. On receipt of notice of withdrawal of consent, we will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of consent, which may include our inability to provide certain services for which that information is necessary.
Any material, information or other communication (including questions, comments and suggestions) you transmit to us through our website, social media sites or other online sites, or mobile applications will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. We may forward your communications and other personal information to any of our offices or affiliates throughout the world in connection with any products or services you request, or in connection with any communications you wish to have with us, and you consent to us doing so.
Limits on Collection
We will not collect information indiscriminately and will limit collection of information to that which is reasonable and necessary for the above purposes. We will also collect information as is otherwise authorized by law.
Limits on Using, Disclosing and Retaining Personal Information
We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes set out above and as authorized by law.
We will keep personal information used to make a decision affecting you for at least one year after using it to make the decision, unless otherwise permitted or required by law.
We will destroy, erase or make anonymous documents or other records containing personal information as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the original purpose is no longer being served by retention of the information and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
We will take due care when destroying personal information so as to prevent unauthorized access to the information.
We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that personal information we are using or disclosing is accurate and complete. In some cases, we rely on you to ensure that certain information, such as your address or telephone number, is current, complete and accurate.
If you demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, we will amend the information as required. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed.
When a challenge regarding the accuracy of personal information is not resolved to your satisfaction, we will annotate the personal information under its control with a note that the correction was requested but not made.
We protect the personal information in our custody or control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
We will take reasonable steps, through contractual or other reasonable means, to ensure that a comparable level of personal information protection is implemented by the suppliers and agents who assist in providing services to you. However, confidentiality and security are not assured when information is transmitted electronically.
Upon written request and authentication of identity, we will provide you with your other personal information under our control, information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom that information has been disclosed. We will make the information available within 30 days or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfil the request.
In some situations we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information. This may be the case where, for example, disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual, the personal information is protected by solicitor/client privilege, the information was collected for the purpose of an investigation or where disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that, if disclosed, could harm our competitive position. We may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information.
Where an access request is refused, we will notify you in writing, document the reasons for refusal and outline further steps which are available to you.
We provide you with the ability to cancel your ArtStation account and delete your information from within your account settings. You may also request deletion of your information by contacting us at the email below.
We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before processing your deletion request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny the request. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Like access requests, we will notify you in writing if we deny your request to delete your information.
Links to other Websites
Our website, social media sites and mobile applications may contain links to websites of third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
Sign-in with Google
When you create an account with Artstation, you are given the option to sign up using your Google Account. If you select this option, Google will share your name, email address and profile picture with us. We use your name and email address to create your account. Once you have set this up, you will be able to sign in to your Artstation account using your Google Account when you visit our website.
If you no longer want to use your Google Account to sign in to your Artstation account, you can remove access through your Google Account. Please visit Google Support for more information. Note that removing access does not delete your Arstation account.
If you delete your Artstation account (see ‘Deletion’ section above), access to your Google Account is also removed.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may contact your local Data Protection Authority (if one exists in your country). We would, however, appreciate the chance to address your concerns before you contact your local Data Protection Authority, and ask that you direct your complaint to us first.
Please see the “Contact” section below to learn more about reaching out to ArtStation with any relevant concerns you may have. You can find more details about your local Data Protection Authority as follows:
We are located at:
If you reside in the United States of America:
Epic Games, Inc., located at 620 Crossroads Blvd., Cary, NC 27518, USA.
If you reside outside of the United States of America:
Epic Games Commerce GmbH located at Platz 10 6039 Root D4, Switzerland.